19th Century Mahogany Breakfront Bookcase
This is a fine 19th Century breakfront Bookcase.
Build in the Georgian Chippendale style of about 1770, this example would date to the second half of the 19th Century.
It demonstrates some particularly good, quality features:
* Good small size. Just under 7 feet high and 5 feet wide
* Completely original and in excellent condition
* Craftsman built to a very high standard
* Quality dense grain well figured mahogany
* Excellent deep colour and waxed luster finish
The details -
Built in 2 pieces.
Dentil moulded cornice
13 pane astragal moulded glazing. Original glass.
The shelves to the cabinet are all original, wide boards of pine faced with mahogany moulding. They are removable and can be adjusted. There are 3 shelves to each section (The wings shown in the photo have only 2 each in use)
The lower cupboards each have a single full depth shelf.
The drawers are oak lined and of dovetailed construction
The door locks are all original and work with keys
Excellent colour with a soft wax finish
W: 150cm (59.1")H: 212cm (83.5")D: 47cm (18.5")