18th Century, Swedish / Scandinavian 'Folk Art', Cheese-Form, 1767.
For sale is a wonderfully decorative wooden cheese-form of pine with 250 years of beautiful grey/washed patina and patternation from use.
- The form or cheese mold is marked EJS in 11 places, some burnt or branded and some hand carved.
- The owner must have placed some considerable value on their property to mark it in such a way.
- It is marked 1767 along the edge as shown in the photographs at c. 253 years of age. It is from the South East of Sweden.
- The main surface with drain holes for the cheese-making is of heart carved decoration in a symmetrical pattern, surrounded by a tooth edge carving.
- The construction of the form is sectional with wooden pegs holding the sides into an interlocking form.
- The wood throughout is imprinted with a fine graying patina from the cheese making process and repeated wetting and drying.
A beautiful and unique decorative item, for storage or display.
A lovely item of folk art treen from Sweden at over 250 years of age.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
W: 27cm (10.6")H: 27cm (10.6")D: 15cm (5.9")