Victorian Gothic revival brass studded & bound jewellery box c.1870.
For sale is a beautiful Gothic revival lockable wood and brass box with reinforcement to all edges / corners.
- The box has raised decorative studs on all surfaces, 40 in total, in three sizes not including the four raised feet.
- The raised metal studs have detailed decoration to them as shown in the photographs, backed by brass and gilded copper sections along the corners or edges for reinforcement.
- The lock closes and operates easily and has the key.
- The interior is lined to the lid with fabric material and edging as shown, the base and walls are paper lined as shown with signs of age and use.
- The box has a real strong-box charm to it and the decoration is striking and the detailed work impressive as an item of quality.
- A lovely item which is both beautiful and usable, after circa 150 years.
Free delivery in the UK as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
W: 14.5cm (5.7")D: 9.5cm (3.7")L: 21cm (8.3")
19th Century, Victorian (1837 to 1901)