Scandinavian / Swedish Folk Art Röllakan Cushions & Wall hanging 1941
For sale are three vintage folk art polychrome patterns, hand-woven textiles from Skåne in Southern Sweden.
- Two hand-woven Röllakan cushions with wool on linen decorated with an attractive geometric border.
- The cushions are in a colour pallette of earthy red, brown, light green and yellow with navy blue.
- The centre of the two cushions and the rug all have a stylised bird or deer motif with crest/horn and raised tail.
- The vintage cushions embroidered 1941 on one and Inez on the other.
- The dimensions of the cushions are c.40cm x 25cm
- The Röllakan wall cover measures c. 71cm x 54 cm and can be used as a table cover or wall hanging, it is not backed as shown in the photographs, it is a little more faded than the cushions with some wear as shown.
- This is also decorated with three stylised animals, birds/deer or snails as well as flowers within the flat woven textile.
- The textile material is wool on linen.
An attractive set of vintage folk art textiles from Southern Sweden ready for further use in any room.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees.
If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
W: 71cm (28")H: 54cm (21.3")
Early 20th Century, Mid 20th Century