Anglo-Indian / Burmese octagonal hardwood side table c.1890-1915
For sale is a beautifully decorated octagonal folding lamp or side table.
- Anglo-Indian hand carved table in solid hardwood with lovely colour and patina, in the tradition of "Eastern Art" retailed by Liberty & Co from the late 19th Century.
- Decorated with fruiting vines throughout each of the side panels and table top in a repeat pattern.
- The same type of table is shown with a lamp on in a photograph on page 2 of Liberty’s Furniture, 1875-1915 by Daryl Bennett 2012 for a similar example.
- The octagonal table top simply lifts out and the base concertinas/folds together as shown in the image for storage.
- The table is in good condition throughout the folding frame is solid and fits neatly together. Two panels have minor losses as shown in the images.
The table is ready for further decorative utility and looks fantastic over bright rugs and Middle Eastern carpets.
Free delivery to the UK mainland as priced. International buyers are welcome, but please contact us prior to payment to confirm the additional packaging, insurance and shipping costs by way of acceptance to your country. Purchaser responsible for local import tariffs/fees. If you are interested in multiple items, please contact us for combined postage.
W: 45.5cm (17.9")H: 47cm (18.5")
19th Century, Early 20th Century, Edwardian (1901 to 1910), Arts and crafts (c. 1860 to 1910)